Aug 28, 2011

I'm off to a land with no internet

I'm packing my last bag today.....and then it's off to college I go!

And this is how my hometown sees me off

In SHAMBLES!!!

lol jk :p

It's actually not that bad over here. Aside from a few trees blown over

Everything is peachy :)


I'm lucky that where I live there was only mild (about two to three feet of water) flooding. It cleared pretty quickly and cars were allowed to drive on the road by 1-ish. Though there was a TON of water flooding our living room, and under the front door this morning, which we had to soak up with towels. Some small stores were pumping out their basements FULL of water all morning.

Some places like Coney Island and Long Island; pretty much all of the red marked zones weren't so lucky.

I think Coney Island ended up about five to seven feet under water at one point....don't quote me on that, but what I saw on the news was pretty bad. Some of the subway lines were flooded as well so it was actually a good idea to close them down.

The bottom line is NYC was pretty much shut down for a day. My beloved French Bakery was closed ;A;
There was no public transportation and I was stuck in the house ALL DAY.

Well not all day... I did go exploring a bit with my siblings after the storm.

No transportation meant we could only travel up to ten blocks or so before getting hungry/bored and turning around so we opted for a nearby park instead....

Huh....

We actually ended up walking a bit further than we planned. Up to the site where I do most of my outside dance covers.

Ari!!!

There were sooo many leaves and sticks blown off of the trees
DUCK!! D Ducks are apparently impervious to hurricanes since they were the only animals I saw today...Actually this was the only one I saw today. There weren't even any pigeons =/

I wasn't able to do any more covers this week because the weather made my house dark and I've been busy getting ready for school...I still have no bed but maybe I will find one tomorrow. After that I'll be moved into an apartment with no internet and so my interactions with Twitter, FB YT and such will be strictly limited from now on. It might be for the best because I have trouble focusing anyways. This may be my last post for a while unless I can find a quiet free WIFI spot to blog on/ download and upload videos onto. Maybe somewhere at school....which starts Friday...

This dilemma is to be figured out at a later date

Ciao♥

P.S. Comments are free
And anonymous if you choose. Just throwing that out there since I have no idea who reads this...If any does read this O.O






No comments: