Aug 20, 2011

Downtown

Today my term as a temporary employee ended ;A;

I complained about my job  a lot on twitter but at the end of the day it's what's paying for furniture for my new apartment.

But because I had no work today, I was able to hang out with my friend on her birthday :D
She turned 19 today^^

Today one of the girls that I shared a hotel room with at Otakon was in town so we decided we'd hang around Times Square today.

Times Square can be very exciting becuase of the lights, ads and attractions but it can also be very confusing because of the amount of people during the day. The streets can also get terribly crowded sometimes so be a fast walker, wear comfortable shoes and stay together. Also, most clothing stores won't have a bathroom but the restaurants and fast food places are usually nice about letting you use the restroom....

MOVING ON!

First we went to the HUGE Toys R' Us store. I didn't take any pictures....but we played DDR! I played in HEELS and the bottom on one heel came off ;A; It was alright though becuase the way that its made I was able to stick it back on like a Lego piece. It's actually a sturdy shoe=/


Next we went to the M&Ms Store

That's my friend picking out some crazy colored M&Ms. I bought them for her since I hadn't gotten anything for her birthday...


The Hershey Store was right across the street so we went there next^^ It smells so sweet in both stores I could feel a cavity coming on.

It's surprisingly small (笑)

We then stopped by Book-Off for about an hour spending most of our time in the used manga section. I didn't buy anything.

It was around two-thirty by then so we stopped to have lunch. I ate at a food truck for the first time and it was AMAZINGLY good!! If you ever stop by NYC I recommend it^^ (Get a rice plate) I had yellow rice with broccoli, lamb, chicken, broccoli, lettuce, tomato and some sort of white sauce.
After that we spent about two hours in this HUGE Forever21 store. It has four floors and each section is a different style. This one was my favorite♥

Everything was so fluffy♥

I didn't by anything from this section, but I ended up buying a pair of Mori-style shoes and a cute sweater. I really shouldn't be spending money though....


There's a photo booth in this Forever21 :) Me and my friends tried it once.


It was so much fun :D These are the friends I've had since high school. Actually I knew the girl on the right since Junior-High before I knew the wonders of Japanese pop culture. I consider her my best friend :) I met the one the left (BIRTHDAY GIRL) in high school.

This store also had impressive displays

(笑)


After our visiting friend from Maryland left with her family for dinner, my two friends and I headed to Kinokuniya for a bit (I was on the search for anything Kyary Pamyu Pamyu related)

I bought a Kera and Zipper magazine (I was disappointed that they didn't have Kyary's highly anticipated album but the two magazines I bought feature her as a model in it^^


At this time I was EXHAUSTED. I'd been up since 6:30AM becuase I was supposed to go to work only to find out that my assignment had already finished so I was there for no reason at all (-___-) and was walking around in heels from about 11 to 7 at night.

All in all it was one of the best days I've had this summer :D

And since I no longer have a job I'll have some free time to do my last few dance covers/ get ready for school until my...*gulp* INDEFINITE HIATUS O___O

I'll still use my blog of course but I may not post any new covers until winter vacation maybe? (I hope><!! We'll see) I'll know for sure as the semester progresses I guess.

Next blog will feature ALL GETS I've obtained this summer^^

MY BIRTHDAY IS NEXT FRIDAY!!! WHAT DO?
Ciao♥


1 comment:

Xhirachu said...

NYC sounds awesome! I didn't know they had so many Japanese stores! o__o