Sep 10, 2014

No need to stress

Good morning~!

Today I'm taking a modern technique class and then I'll be on my way to rehearsal with Kuropop~!

I haven't seen the other members in almost two weeks and I haven't taken class in longer so I'm really looking forward to it~!

It's interesting how unrelated these activities are...One prepares me for upcoming dance company auditions, the other for an upcoming performance to asian pop music. It's like I can't choose which one I like more....

For a while now, I've been thinking a lot about what kind of career I want to aim for and how to get there. I thought that after a year of post-grad life, I'd have a stronger directive but it feels like I'm more unfocused than ever.

 I have to admit I've had some amazing experiences since I've graduated and I've met some really interesting people but unlike school where your goal is somewhat visible, and even tangible, these events don't feel like they're amounting to anything. I don't understand what I'm working towards and somedays I ask myself, "why am I doing this????" Then I ask myself, "well what would you rather be doing?" and I don't have an answer...

The only conclusion I can come to from this, is that maybe this is just where 23 year old me is supposed to be. It feels like a bit of a cop out, but it's comforting. I have to remind myself often that I can realistically only live my life one day at a time no matter how meticulously I plan or how sure I am of what I'm working towards.

On days when I question my ambitions and feel anxious I like to play relaxing, no brain, online games. I highly recommend this website!! ()

The games here are extremely cute, no annoying ads, and the music is so soothing. I played this one  a lot when I suffered from environmental anxiety during university. Sometimes I just listened to the music.

I also listen to a lot of spotify playlists and if I'm feeling particularly down I'll do so while cooking or taking a bubble bath~!

I recommend peaceful piano 



If you don't use spotify,  Relaxing Piano Hayao Miyazaki Collection is also lovely~! YouTube→()

Or if you need something more uplifting but not too lyrical Lemon Jelly is my recent go to artist~!

My favorite track by them would be "Nice Weather For Ducks"~! YouTube→()

♪ All the ducks are swimming in the water ♪

The last thing that I do is sift through my box of stuff. It's a box that I keep every letter, holiday and congratulatory card, and trinket given to me by my friends, classmates, teachers and family to remind me that there are people who care about and support me.

And on days when I feel like YouTube isn't going anywhere I look back on supportive YouTube comments and comments from supporters on other social media to remind myself that there are people I've never even met before who believe and enjoy what I do.

Well, those are my stress relievers.

Let's exchange?

Ciao ♥

1 comment:

Xhirachu said...

My favorite way to relax is to watch ASMR videos. I recommend TheWaterWhispers (Ilse). Even when I go through periods of ASMR immunity her sweet personality is still relaxing to me.

I also make sure to set aside time everyday to at least watch one of Arashi's variety shows or play a video game.