May 1, 2012

We live in the real world

Thank you to everyone who rooted me on for Oishii! Project.

Unfortunately I didn't get in, but congrats to those who did!!




I didn't get in but that's okay because to be quite honest I've had just about enough of the youtubing world.

There are so many sweethearts and yet there are so many petty people who try to take them down.

The more I read forums and hateful blog posts the more disappointed I become in  the maturity level of some people.

And the worst of it has definitely been the adults!!

Sending messages to girls accusing them of copying an idea that's not even yours to make them feel bad

Seriously?!?

You're a mother!! Act like it!!

Be a good example for your daughter and stop attacking teenage girls for no reason!!

Just why?!

Part of the problem is that we live in an age of instant gratification.

So much information is so easily accessible that people take it for granted.

Some people think that just because you put a little bit of effort into a few videos that you're entitled to this HUGE fanbase and everyone should watch you and applaud you.

Maximum reward for minimal effort is not how the real world works.

There are so many determining factors for internet popularity including, timing, looks, talent and believe it or not, luck.

Moreover the average youth's self esteem is more fragile than an egg shell.

The minute they aren't showered in affection for their efforts they fall into a bout of self- pity and then everyone has to rush to them and say things like

"don't give up" and "but you're so awesome" and "you deserve more views!" and just...

I'm tired of it.

Part of it is adolescence and the fact that you don't know entirely who you are or where you fit in.

And that's fine.

But even when I was in high school (which really wasn't that long ago I mean I'm only 20)  I understood that when people don't notice your efforts it's either because you need to put in more time and work or there's someone who's better than you. That;s how it is in every field

I understood that, accepted it and decided that I wouldn't let it stop me from getting what I want and that it becoming a professional dancer/ choreographer

In the dance world, there are thousand of people who want the exact same thing that you want and the reality of the situation is that you just might not get it. And it doesn't mean you're terrible.It just means that someone is better than you or you're not what they're looking for.....

 I mean there could be hundreds of reasons, not all of the burden is on you.

My point is failure should never discourage you from doing what you love.

It's okay to be disappointed. It sucks, but it's part of life.

We keep going.

And the fact that you could post some half-hearted video and get a million views and  become famous is becoming less and less appealing because now people are expecting it.

People like Beckii Cruel and Kimonotime aren't born everyday.

Youtube dancing is fun!! And I won't stop until I have to for that reason alone!

But people expect so much out of it, it's scary.

I mean, Venus's mother is dedicating her daughter's teenage years to it!

She's missing out of friends and going to regular school and...

It's all over attracting an invisible audience.

I just.

I think I'll just stick to my quarter annually dance video and my bros that I know have a better sense of reality :)

Hey Look!!

Picture from this past weekend's performance!

I wasn't in this particular piece but I took a picture with the charcoal sketches anyways!
It was so cool!
Two artists sketched these live as the dance happened :D

I love dance ♥

And now I have to sleep because I haven't had a day off in over two weeks!!

Ciao ♥

2 comments:

▶▮▮Kelsey said...

I agree with everything said here, especially about dancers, I've been to soo many auditions now. One day they like you , the next day you don't look right, you don't fit the part or you're not good enough, simple as that! PRAISE AMEN TO YOU! haha! And thank you soo much! But no one is born with it! Everyone has to work they're butts off to get what they want!! People need to open their eyes and see that! I agree soo soooo much! I just....AGREE! XD

Kisweets said...

Whoah! I didn't think you'd read this!! Thank you for agreeing haha! Ahh and I didn't mean "born" as to undermine your achievements!! I KNOW you work your butt off. (and I look up to you so much for being able to do what you do><) What I think you have that others don't is a particular look that's popular on the internet. And just this charismatic sort of presence that draws people in :) And that helps!! It's also a good (GREAT) thing to have as a performer imo.