Feb 23, 2012

お土産! Japanese souvenirs!

Good Morning!!

おはようございます!

It's been a while since my last update...

久しぶりですね。。

It's starting to get busy around here between rehearsal and school work and actually having a social life ><!!

But something GREAT happened last week!

About thirty dance major students from Japan took classes at my school for about a week!

私の大学に30人の日本の大学生が来ました!!((o(^∇^)o))

Japanese dance majors!

Cool!!

The last time Japanese students visited our school it was part of an interdisciplinary (many-major) project affiliated with the school. They stayed for fourteen days and we became friends!

02/??/2011
We were split into groups of 5 or so. Our group used video projection and an installation made of rope. I got to dance though ALL of that. Moving in a yukata is not easy ....But it is fun!!



Actually I just got a letter from one of them today!

今日は日本人の友達の手紙をもらいました!


Tsu-chan! She even included pictures from the time they were here!

Her English is less than perfect but it's a really cute letter!!! She's a painting major ^___^

But this time it was a complete surprise! Only the teachers knew they were coming and didn't even bother to tell us =/ 

I didn't mind^^

Not many people talked to them (language gap and all) so I tried to talk to as many of them as possible.
Which was fun...and embarrassing.

And they brought stuff!!!

They gave out little souvenirs to people they met. Here's just some of the stuff I got.

日本人学生から日本のお土産をもらいました!
Hello Kitty stickers, socks, chopsticks, and a pin with ONE PIECE AND HELLO! KITTY ON IT


I don't watch One Piece....but this is really cute ♥

And Kit-Kat O.o

I don't think you guys understand how much I love Kit-Kat


This is a Sakura Matcha Kit-Kat!

桜抹茶!!

It's only available in Japan in the springtime! ;w; I am blessed to have tried it!!

It was delicious(´▽`)
めっちゃおいしかったです!!

Yesterday was the Japanese' students' last day here so they celebrated at the Hard Rock Cafe!

最後の日には日本学生と一緒にHard Rock Cafeでパーティをしました^^

And they invited me!! They said I could invite friends so I brought my friend Tom with me.

It was my first time eating there!

It was so much fun!! We ate three plates of appetizers and shared two sundaes. And I guess they didn't find it weird to eat off of us because I sure didn't care!

That sundae was great(´▽`)

But I wish I had known that they were covering the whole tab otherwise I wouldn't have ordered that seven dollar frozen fruity drink thing....

We bonded over Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and danced Tsukema Tsukeru at the dinner table. 

皆はテーブルできゃりーぱみゅぱみゅのつけまつけるに踊りましたヽ( ´¬`)ノ 

That was great!

I'm so glad to have met them! 

みんなに会えてよかったです!

Great things have been happening to me lately and I'm just feeling grateful for every one of them^^

I really should finish this homework><!

Ciao ♥


4 comments:

Xhirachu said...

Exchange students are always so sweet! (At least in my experience. XD) Last year I became friends with one of the German exchange students at our school, but I don't talk to her anymore. LOL. This year I think we have two students form Norway. :)

OMG. MY SISTER LOVES HELLO KITTY AND, AS YOU KNOW, I LOVE TONY TONY CHOPPER. THOSE COLLAB ITEMS WERE RELEASED RIGHT AFTER WE LEFT JAPAN. I WAS SO UPSEEEEETTT. LOL.

I wonder why Japan gets all the great flavors of American/other foreign foods and drinks. XD

Kisweets said...

Oh! I wish I would have known or I would have sent you one!!  An Japanese people like FLAVOR! Unlike America ;w; 

4everhime said...

Thats so awsome. i agree with Xhirachu that exchange students are always so sweet.  A few months ago a group of chinese kids came to my high school and this girl gave everyone a huge cute dragon sticker. they also taught us that the pinky finger is not f**k you in chinese lol

Kisweets said...

haha, visiting students are so great!! I miss them already!! A few of them sent me fb messages the other day!