May 1, 2014

Nico Nico ChoParty: Arrival/ Meeting Ti☆in!!!


Yahho!!

I'm here to talk about Cho Party from start to finish! (One day at a time)

I'll start from the day we got off the plane.

Sato-san!! 

(oops! can't show this picture for now!)



Sato-san was pretty much the median between the English speaking performers and the ChoParty staff. Anytime we needed to know something he'd let us know. If we had any questions we could ask him directly and he'd find the answer for us.

Besides being able to understand us, we got along really well because he manages Indie bands (mostly rock) which Ari and I LOVE!!!!

He also took pictures of us every step of the way. Like a Dad!

We miss him a lot.

We also met Mica at the airport. Mica is from the Philippines and he has an amazing voice!!!

Taken by Sato-san of course


And the journey begins!!

The first day we checked into our hotel at Makuhari Messe and walked around the area.

Sato-san took us to get ramen for dinner!



The kind of ramen I'm used to has the soup and noodles in one bowl but this ramen separated the broth from the noodles, meat etc. It's called tsukemen ramen.

It was so good! We both ate the whole thing!

Satou-san was surprised by our appetite. 


It was during dinner that we started talking about music and Satou-san found out about Ari's extensive knowledge of J-indie bands. I remember him saying. "We can talk about this forever!"

I also remember Morning Musume's most recent single playing.

That was fun!

The next day we met Ti☆in!!

In the morning Ari and I got up suuuuper early, we were so painfully exited about the day!

My outfit for the day! (Food of course!)


We found a cute bakery and had breakfast.

Ari!!

Matcha latte and a green tea bagel with white chocolate!!!



We shopped around a bit for souvenirs had lunch and then it was time to head to Makuhari Messe for our first rehearsal!

I was so nervous!!

When Ti☆in finally came into the rehearsal room I thought I was going to explode from nerves! 

They were taller than I expected...taller than us actually! 

We greeted each other and then were briefed just outside the rehearsal room for stage blocking for Tell Your World. Basically where we would stand, how we would move from one part of the stage to the next, where we entered, exited etc.

Sato-san took pictures again!!


Papa: "Smile!!"

After the staff left, Ari and I were left with Ti☆in! to rehearse and modify the dance to accommodate for four people instead of the original two. It went surprisingly well! 

My heart was pounding the whole time!


From there on we rehearsed with the live band and Mica!




It was so exciting being able to dance with the live band!



We did it three times in a row and then it was already time to go....

We were outside talking to Satou about going to an Okonomiyaki spot that he recommended us to try. Ari jokingly said, "Haha, what if we got Ti☆in to go with us??"

Sato-san said he'd ask. They said sure.



And so our second night in Japan we got to eat Okonomiyaki with Ti☆in!!!


Ti☆in read the instructions while Mica, Ari and I failed miserably at making okonomiyai and takoyaki.

I was relieved that we were able talk the whole time using a combination of Japanese and English.

Every time Ari and I would struggle with something we'd say, "Nope! I got this!" "I can do this!"

It was pretty comical! (lol)

 It kind of became our team phrase!

It was loads of fun and sooooo delicious. 

Mica drew on it in such a cute way!!

 

A great first day! An even better second!

I'll talk more later!! Thanks for reading!!

Ciao ♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! It's really interesting to read about your experience at the Cho Party :3